Wesley's aunt lives in Golden and when his mom was in town we went for a visit. We had so much fun. I'm not sure why we haven't been there to visit them before, they are so sweet and we had a great time! Sadly, they've just moved so our chances to visit them have come and gone. Their neighbor has horses so we went out to check them out. Cooper had no fear. Aunt Carol (on the left), Marilee (Wesley's mom), and Uncle Larry. Oh, Ella is being held by Marilee We decided to go see the leaves change color at Golden Gate State Park... we were too late. Even though it was still October, the snow had taken over so we missed the leaves. Fall is my favorite! It was a fun trip, none the less
Waiting to be seated a fun pizza place... yeah, we sat down and within 5 minutes, Jake lost it! I mean, from every spot in the restaurant, people were looking over. Thankfully, most were families and so instead of the angry stare, we got the pity stare. You know, the one that says, "We've been there!" I was still not okay with it so we changed our order to go and ate in the car. We don't go to restaurants with them much anymore. It's too hard. So we still to the fast food places, Garbanzo's is our favorite! My Birthday I had a birthday! I still, and I think always will, love my birthdays. I realize they aren't as exciting as they used to be. I find a lot more joy in my kids birthdays and I think that's how it should be. But, I still love my birthday! Fore the past few years, I have made it easy on Wesley and just had him take me to whatever show was in town. This year Wicked came. I've seen it twice but couldn't skip the opportunity to see it again - I LOVE it! So we went. Wes got us reservations at the Capital Grille in downtown Denver. When we got to our table, it was decorated with red rose petals and a card. It was so nice - and they gave me a free dessert. The BEST creme brulee I've ever had. Yum! We love steak and their steak was sooo good, as well as the salad and crab cakes and... it was all good! We had really good seats to the show. We were in the second row, I've never sat that close and it was an entirely different experience. Well worth it. Me and my boys on my birthday On my birthday, I asked for ice cream cake. The best cake I've ever had was one year I asked my mom to make an ice cream cake. She made a chocolate cake and put mint chocolate chip ice cream in the middle. Heaven! So I asked for ice cream cake again. And of course, we always have sparkling cider when there is a happy occasion. Wes and the boys got me a manicure and pedicure gift certificate which I have yet to use... I keep saving it. I do that a lot, but my poor feet are in need of some serious scrubbing! Halloween My mother in law came into town to watch Ella (my niece) and she decided to stay with us and we had a blast! Jake was a monkey, Ella a hula dancer. I was a cat and Cooper was a mouse My little mouse All the loot Jake's friend Lily had a Halloween party - he decided to go as Spiderman
Off to trunk or treatDecorating pumpkins - we cut holes in some old pillow cases for them to put on
Coop and grandma! Random Stuff My mom is so good to me! I'm getting a lot better, in fact the last time Wes went out of town, I didn't even complain and we actually did pretty well! But this one time in September, my mom came out to visit last minute when I found out Wes had to go out of town. I sure wish I lived closer to her! Jake showing his mad coloring skills We have a membership to the museum. We love the museum! They have a new area, Expedition Health. It is awesome! One area lets you see what you'd look like when you are 70. This is Wes when he's 70 and obese... ha ha! Jake at "school" Now we have to find a place for pre-school. I wasn't aware that you are supposed to register them already so most places that I want have waiting lists. I may be doing my own pre-school next Fall. At least I found this out now and not next year when he NEEDS to be in school. At this fun pool nearby Like father like son Cooper learning to crawl Jake showing him how Crawling by 7 months, my little busy bee Our first real snow fall. Yeah, it came down hard and fast! No snow fall would be complete without hot chocolate
HOLY CRAP!!! I just checked your blog today to see if for some reason you had added anything and the notification hadn't uploaded. Then I was going to plead on Facebook for you to come back (in spite, but understandably so, of having to choose between free time with the hub and sitting in front of a computer screen). You guys look like everything is ok. I've been thinking about you and miss you and how you could make me be silly - I guess I'm being more nostalgic than usual. Love ya!
I loved looking at your posts! Looks like life is great for you and your adorable fam! p.s. I love my birthdays too...and just the other day I said to Randall, "I wonder when birthdays will stop being so exciting for me..." I'm going to guess 40's. ;)
2 comments:
HOLY CRAP!!! I just checked your blog today to see if for some reason you had added anything and the notification hadn't uploaded. Then I was going to plead on Facebook for you to come back (in spite, but understandably so, of having to choose between free time with the hub and sitting in front of a computer screen). You guys look like everything is ok. I've been thinking about you and miss you and how you could make me be silly - I guess I'm being more nostalgic than usual. Love ya!
I loved looking at your posts! Looks like life is great for you and your adorable fam!
p.s. I love my birthdays too...and just the other day I said to Randall, "I wonder when birthdays will stop being so exciting for me..." I'm going to guess 40's. ;)
Post a Comment