Our friend's real estate company puts on a huge Easter Egg Hunt right across the street from our house. They have over 6000 plastic eggs with candy, some have money in them as well. And they have the Easter bunny come visit. Cooper was mesmerized by the bunny's mouth. This egg hunt is hilarious, 6000 eggs and it doesn't even last more than 2 minutes! It's so much fun! Clint and Kara's family came over to color easter eggs and then have our own Easter egg hunt in our backyard. Wesley challenged the guys to a dunking contest. He won. He's a stud! Look at that form! Easter morning with their Easter baskets . We had Easter at our house with Clint and Kara's family. I've never really gotten to do holidays. We are always out of town or we go to someone else's house so I was really excited to get the chance to make Easter dinner. I had fun decorating the table. We even had sparkling cider with our dinner. I love sparkling cider! I got this idea form Martha Stewart. It's a chick and a rooster. Have you ever had the wedge salad at Carino's? It's my favorite. It has candied pecans, roma tomatoes, gorgonzola, bacon, apple slices and a garlic ranch dressing. Oh my gosh, it's so good! I decided to make my own version of it. I have had a wedge salad a lot lately now, it was so yummy! Jake loves to imitate Cooper
Wes and Jake being silly Easter morning
My cute Jake and I on Easter morning. A sight you don't see very often, I was baking! Many who know me know I don't like to bake. I don't! But I made Double Chocolate Almond Cookies courtesy of Barefoot Contessa's friend. Here are the cookies. They turned out different than they should. They were supposed to be flatter but they stayed stuck in their ball. And I thought they were kind of hard. See, I follow the recipe exactly and they didn't turn out right. Reason #1 I hate to bake! Jake lost all of his hair after he was born. So he was bald until almost a year old. Cooper, on the other hand, kept all his hair. So he's need a haircut so badly! I tried to cut it a while back and missed all sorts of spots so I took the boys to get haircuts last week when Wes was out of town. Cooper did well for about 2 minutes and hated the rest! He cried the rest of the time. I'm thinking about buying my own set Jake getting his hair cut. He usually goes with Wes to Sports Clips. I think we'll go back to that. It's only $13 there and it's $18 at this kid place we went to. Blah, $18 for a kid's haircut! When Wes is out of town, I let (make) Jake sleep with me and I let (make) him stay up with me. I like the company. Here he is one night at 11:30pm on the couch.
I was so impressed with Jake. He wanted to make a bridge one day and that he did! I helped him with 2 blocks, that's it and he did the rest. I thought he did a great job! Jake loves playdough. I helped him make some glasses. Those are the best glasses, huh? I guess I should say I helped make a mask, it looks more like that huh?Wesley's parents came into town for a visit and for Maddie's baptism. We spent a day at the zoo. Here's grandpa and Cooper. He sure warmed up to them fast! Jake and Ella
2 comments:
Cath those cookies still look great to me! keep trying baking will get easier and more fun!! Hope all is well!
Ah, your Easter dinner was so fancy! Love the table decorations. And that wedge salad looked just like the real thing. Glad you had a great Easter.
Post a Comment