It's funny because I took Jake and Cooper to see Santa at the mall and while there, Jake asked if it was the real Santa. He's only 4 so I wondered why he'd question his validity. He said he'd ask Santa if he was the real one. He forgot to ask. Then at his preschool program, Santa came and visited. On the phone Jacob told me that it was the real Santa because this Santa had a watch on and Santa doesn't wear watches. Then at a friend's house, Santa came. I knew Jake would try to see if it was the real Santa so I told him before hand that if he thought it wasn't the real Santa, not to make the other kids feel bad. Santa showed up and Jake let me know afterward the it wasn't the real Santa because he was wearing hiking boots, not real black boots. How on earth he wonders if he is real is beyond me. In my opinion though, it will be much easier once he knows the truth so that I don't have to keep it a big secret every year because I'm terrible at it.
Although cooper was excited Santa came, he kept his distance.
Peppermint sticks in oranges, yum!
Sugar cookies...ugh, I was glad when that part was over. I hate baking.
Christmas Eve - pajamas they opened up from Lita and grandaddy. We read the nativity and used a nativity set to act it out. We ate yummy food, played christmas bingo, sang songs and just relaxed. This was our first Christmas at home, and our first Christmas without family.
In my family, we always go see a movie on Christmas Day. This year we went after Christmas that next week. We decided for a 9 am showing of Chipwrecked. We were in the last row (for Jake) and only joined by one other family. We (the boys) are early risers so 9am movie showings are ideal for us! Cooper sat through the entire movie. We liked it.
We decided to go to the museum one day. We got there and it was packed. Overflowing with people, parking started going into the zoo parking next door. We knew that we wanted to avoid the museum so we opted for the zoo. Since I have such bad sciatic problems this pregnancy and so much pressure, I can't be up for very long. We had to get a wheelchair at the zoo. It was weird.
Check out the polar bear so close to the window.
The wheelchair became a ride for the boys on the way out. That made it slightly less embarrassing but overall, I didn't like it.







1 comment:
My family does peppermint sticks too! But we put them in lemons :)
Post a Comment