Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Birthday Fun

My birthday was fabulous this year! Wesley and Jake made me breakfast... since I was still feeling sick a lot, he was limited to what he could fix me but he gave me an english muffin and sliced apples shaped in a smiley face - so cute! I was only able to eat 1/2 of the english muffin and that's it but it was nice to have him make me breakfast. The next wonderful thing was that since Wesley works from home, he left his office door open most of the day so Jake could wander back and forth and give me a break - it was GREAT! My friend Becky called and took me to lunch at Olive Garden - unlimited salad and breadsticks! It was so fun! My friend Tracy invited me over to her house and Jake and I hung out for a while. Oh, the day before as part of my present, we had a professional come and clean the house!!!! The best present EVER!
That night we got a sitter and went to a really yummy restaurant called Del Frisco's. Yummy yummy steak! It was a fabulous dinner! Then we headed to the mall and Wesley took me a jewelry store and told me to pick out a necklace or earrings. After looking around, I realized that it might be more practical if I got jewelry at JCPenney or Kohls rather than an expensive piece of jewelry that I might lose. I tend to lose jewelry, or at least earrings fairly easily. So I ended up getting a few necklaces and earrings at the cheaper stores. It was so sweet of him to take me to the other jewelry store though... I would have just felt bad if I got a pretty thing and lost it later. So then we thought about seeing a movie but my poor pregnant self was too tired to keep going so we were home by 9:30! My goodness, that's early! But it was a fabulous, wonderful birthday! So here's birthday cake at Clint and Kara's: Jake enjoyed the birthday cake the most I think:



Jake and Maya (Becky's daughter) at Olive Garden. They've become good friends, always holding hands, it's cute!



1 comment:

Julie McCoy said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good day.